Engineering and technical sciences
12.00.00 Photonics, Instrument Making, Optical and Biotechnical Systems and Technology
Saint Petersburg , Russia
Language of instruction
School of Photonics
Tuition fees per year
197101, 49 Kronverksky Pr., St. Petersburg, Russia
School of Photonics
The Program is delivered jointly with Aalto University (Finland).
Would you like to build an exciting career in the rapidly growing field of nanostructures? Do you want to work hand in hand with the world's leading scientists and gain hands-on research in this perspective area? Then this Program is for you!
- provides a high level of understanding of physics and engineering disciplines, such as Photonics, Nanotechnology, Optoinformatics, Microfabrication, Practical use of Nanostructures, etc.;
- focuses on research and development of nanomaterials, nanostructures, micro- and nanosystems, as well as micro- and nanodevices. The objects of the study are semiconductor and metal nanoparticles, semiconductor quantum wells and threads, fullerenes, nanotubes, graphene, molecular complexes, doped semiconductor materials and liquid crystals.
- lets the students be deeply involved in research and hands-on project work under the supervision of the most prominent researchers in the fields of synthesis, discrimination and practical application of quantum nanostructures of various types in optoelectronics, photonics, biology, and medicine;
- offers research opportunities at ITMO Center of Information Optical Technology Laband Aalto University Micronova Center for design, development, and fabrication of micro- and nanosystems and the largest cleanroom facilities in Scandinavia. The students have an excellent opportunity to participate in fascinating and relevant laboratory and hands-on project work supported by advanced scientific equipment of leading firms, namely, powerful laser systems; scanning, electron, and atomic force microscopes; spectral analysis equipment and numerous optical research setups.
Content of the Program
Aalto University, Helsinki
- Photonics and integrated optics
- Materials and Microsystems integration
- Microscopy of nanomaterials
- Materials for electronics
- Laboratory courses
- Physics of nanostructures
- Optical processes in nanostructures
- Methods of information
- Processing in photonics
- Condensed matter physics
- Physics of Metallic Nanostructures
- Foreign language (Russian/English)
- Research Seminar
- Master Thesis defense
Bachelor's degree in IT, Communications or equivalent with good/excellent grades. . Upper-intermediate level of English.
Apply for contract studies through Study Expert online now.