Engineering and technical sciences
12.00.00 Photonics, Instrument Making, Optical and Biotechnical Systems and Technology
Saint Petersburg , Russia
Language of instruction
School of Photonics
Tuition fees per year
197101, 49 Kronverksky Pr., St. Petersburg, Russia
School of Photonics
The Program is delivered jointly with the Lappeenranta University of Technology.
The laser is one of the genius inventions of mankind. Many high-tech companies both in Russia and abroad define laser technologies as one of the leading lines of work. Due to that, there is a high demand for unique specialists in laser technologies for various areas of science and technology, namely: aviation and space, IT and telecommunications, materials processing and creation of surface for it, medical equipment and radio electronics.
- focuses on training top quality professionals in the sphere of laser technologies
- provides to the students full access to advanced equipment both at ITMO Laser Micro-and Nanotechnologies Laband at LUT Laser Laboratory.
- offers the students a wide range of internship options at leading companies in the field of laser technology
The students will learn
- such applied courses as Modern welding technology, Advanced production engineering, Laser Materials Processing etc.;
- to develop and design new systems based on laser technologies;
- to maintain laser machines;
- to work with optical materials;
- to adjust and control special devices and installations.
Contents of the program
- Mathematical modeling of physical processes
- Laser-assisted micro- and nanotechnologies
- Laser-matter interaction
- Information and measuring laser technologies
- Modern welding technology
- Laser materials processing
- Beam processing
- Additive manufacturing
Bachelor's degree in laser technologies, physics or other relevant fields with good/excellent grades. Upper-intermediate level of English.
Apply for contract studies through Study Expert online now.